Marvel Zombies Destroy! #5 (of 5)
My expectations were unusually high for this, the final issue of the Marvel Zombies Destroy! five-part mini-series. Perhaps this contributed to why I felt there were just a few things keeping it from a perfect score:
- Pacing felt a bit rushed (they did need to close it out, but the rest of the issues had better pacing)
- MANY deaths of previously “important” characters (more than seemed acceptable - I mean I liked that someone meaningful died each issue, but these deaths seemed forced and just to serve the ends)
- More disbelief had to be suspended than I expected - I wasn’t counting on the amount of deus ex machina leveraged…
Now, there are many more reasons to outweigh the three nit-picky “faults” above. The vast majority of the book was excellent - especially the art - I just love Mirco Pierfederici’s art on this series!
There were a couple things that I am still struggling with - struggling whether to label these things as “fault” or “genius”:
- The Eternal Brain’s part in the entire mini, and specifically this issue.
- The final words of the book: “THE END?”
I cannot seem to decide. I both love and hate the ideas, but as I think on it more, I am siding more towards the “love”…
Either way, this mini-series is well worth the money, and the time. It will undoubtedly be traded soon - but if you are anxious to read it, I am sure the single issues are readily available at your LCS!
If you would like to see what I thought of the first four issues of this mini-series, check out the following blog post: http://thanosrules.tumblr.com/post/27132312297/marvel-zombies-destroy-1-2-3-4-review
Follow @thanosrules on Twitter for more thanosrules Quick Reviews (#trqr)!