Wall of Silver Surfer!
…here is the other wall (to the left) - it happens to also contain the life-sized silver surfer I have had for a while now… but now, along side, lives the 18x24 fully colored Cory Smith Silver Surfer print I picked up at Wizard World St. Louis last weekend…
When Thor forgets to put away his toys…
I thought of this concept when I found the Wolverine Mighty Mugg left behind on the floor by his owner (my son, Sebastian)… Of all the things that he could have left sitting in the middle of the floor, I have to say, seeing Wolverine made me smile.
I then thought… what if Thor left his toys behind?
What could be so important to Thor that he might forget Mjolnir and leave all the other Mighty Muggs trying to figure out the mystery of how to clean up after the God of Thunder…
Support the future of Comics. Support Creator Owned Work.
How to Draw Silver Surfer Sketch
So, I haven’t even bothered trying to draw the Silver Surfer. Way too much to go wrong… heck even after doing this, I feel like so many things could be better.
Either way, this sketch was based on guidance from the book “How to Draw Silver Surfer” over-sized book. There are a bunch of cosmic characters in that book, so I am excited to try them out…
Silver Surfer’s Thanos Addiction
I thought I had a problem… well on a recent trip to Titan, my buddy here, the Silver Surfer decided to go a bit nuts with the merch.
Okay, okay, I figured no one would believe that. But it was worth a shot.
What really happened?
Well I have some fabulous friends.
The Sons of Joy - Mark Gosson and Stacey Roberts collaborated to make sure I had a Thanos themed holiday to remember.
Over the past couple weeks various Thanos themed items have trickled in… I figured it only fitting to make a collage of sorts to commemorate this awesome experience.
So there you have it.
A big and special THANK YOU to Mark and Stacey!
So, where do you know these guys from?
Here is a list:
Of course I recommend all their works. So, follow, listen to their podcast, read their blogs, and enJOY!
As a final note, and to link everything together… here is a “Terrible Sketch Tuesday - Terrible Sketch” I created for Stacey to commemorate his birthday:
Sons of Joy | Sons of Titan
Again, thank you guys so much!
Update: Now with more pants…and sleeve rolled up to show his Stan Lee autograph tattoo!
“A World He Never Made!” - Issue #10 of the 1st Series, Silver Surfer is illustrated with clothes on… you know to “fit in”…
Silver Surfer, Vol. 3 Issues 44, 45, 46 Cover Statue Tributes!
I have all these statues now (pics forthcoming), and I figured I could put them to better use if I relate them to some of my favorite/iconic Comic Book Covers.
The lighting is not great. I get it. I will find a better place to set the statues up and take the “photo shoot” soon…These are just my first draft / test images.
Information (Comic Vine) on these comics:
Stacks of Comics - Episode 012 - The Rundown!
Episode TWELVEof Stacks of Comics is here! I called this “The Rundown”, but it really has nothing to do with that awesome movie with Christopher Walken… in fact, it is all about a “Rundown” of stuff, checklist of sorts, all in an effort to catch you up with the lives of the Stacks hosts…
Also, this episode is just me, @thanosrules… Andrew will be back for Episode 13!
Please enJOY this 00:31:09 (31 minute, 09 second) installment of the Stack of Comics podcast!
- Collecting Mode!
- Marvel Room (as of 08/26/2012)
- Marvel Room Update (09/11/2012)
- @thanosrules Top 5 “Can’t Wait To F’ing Read This Comic Book” Picks for the release week of 09/19/2012
- Starship Troopers: Invasion
- Rucka’s run on Punisher
- NEW LOGO!!! First Look! (Special Thanks to @MarkGosson and @XombeeGuy!!)
- Marvel Phase 2
- James Gunn
- Guardians of the Galaxy Movie
- Avengers Assemble! (comic)
- Barry Windsor Smith’s Conan Run
- Barry Windsor Art
BUFFALO COMICON!!! (October 7th, 2012)
- Buffalo Comicon Facebook Page
- Official Site: http://www.buffalocomicon.com/
- Guest of Honor: Graham Nolan
- Queen City Bookstore in Buffalo, NY
- Hawkeye Series
- BUFFALO COMICON!!! (October 7th, 2012)
- Guest of Honor: Graham Nolan
- One of the Guest Podcasts: Stacks of Comics
- Guest List
- Marvel NOW!
- Valiant Comics (Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Bloodshot)
- Omni Comics Podcast
- Omni Comics Podcast Facebook Page
- Official Site: http://www.omnicomicspodcast.com/
- Synergy #1
- John Still (@Synergycomic)
- http://www.synergycomic.com/ - My Review: Synergy #1
- Synformers Podcast
- Pretty Deadly (@kellysue & @emmartian)
- Xombee Guy (@XombeeGuy), @MarkGosson, @sroberts1971, SOJcast (@sojcast)Link-O-Rama! Other Awesome and Related Links and Friends of the Podcast!
- Lights.Camera.Action-Figures! (Andrew’s Photo/Art Site!!)
- Starship Troopers Invasion (Andrew’s latest project! AVAILABLE NOW!)
- Andrew Love’s Wikipedia and IMDB Pages
- Outer Realm Comics (Reviews, Forums and More!)
- WausaubiCon! and (Wausaubicon Facebook!)
- Buffalo Comicon! (Stacks of Comics will be there LIVE! on October 7th, 2012)
- The Weekly Blend (twitter: @theweeklyblend)
- Panel Pals Comics Podcast
- P.A.L.S. Podcast
- Nerdstorian Podcast
- Xombee Guy by @MarkGosson!
- SOJcast (@sojcast) by @MarkGosson and @sroberts1971
- @lcanime for Lights! Camera! Anime!
- Dungeons and Diapers
- Heroes and Fantasies in San Antonio, TX
- Queen City Bookstore in Buffalo, NY
- Bedrock City Comics in Houston, TX
- Gabi’s Olympic Cards and Comics in Lacey, WA
- Comic Shop Locator
- Cory Smith Art!
- Eddie Medina of Ed-Med Art!
- thanosrules’ Microphone: Samson SAC01UPAK USB Microphone and Podcast Package
- Follow us on the Twitters:
- Go look at our Websites: http://thanosrules.comand http://stacksofcomics.comand http://lightscameraactionfigures.tumblr.com
- Like us on Facebook!: Stacks of Comics
- Subscribe and Listen on Zune!
- Subscribe and Listen on iTunes!
LOVE and enJOY!
Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe #3 and #4 (of 4)
Again, this is a must read for fans of blood, gore and good ole’ Supervillin Killin’ (super hero killin’ too, but that doesn’t rhyme no matter how much it is misspelled)…
Deadpool has gone nuts… or succumed to his nuttiness. Whichever. It doesn’t matter. Either way, everyone in the Marvel Universe is gonna die. No matter how long it takes.
Then, once he is done with all the Marvel Universe(s), he is coming for us…
The fourth wall was broken in the first issue, so it was no surprise that we would see this mini-series end in a very similar way. I liked it. I know some people are calling it the “lazy way” to end the mini, but what were the alternatives? Really? And I am sure writing it this way was no less work than coming up with some other way that people would find a way to complain about.
It needed an ending, and the creators wanted to be immortalized in ink. Period. The End. It may have been done before, it may feel cheesy, but guess what, it was meant to be. Similar to how each of Deadpool’s kills were without mercy, remorse, or hesitation; this book ends - unapologetic - and I commend the creators for it.
I have to say that I enjoyed the 3rd Issue more than the fourth, but that is because I thought the method in which Deadpool killed some of the more “unkillable” characters was a stretch - even for this book. Is Puppetmaster really that powerful? It is one thing to create a “Clay Surfer” - it is quite another to create “puppets” for each of the cosmic entities to be manipulated at the hands of our resident whacko, Deadpool.
While that seemed a bit of a stretch, it was one way to go about checking those characters off his list. Remember, unapologetic…
Back to Issue #3 - The X-Men, and others… but mostly it is the X-Men and Professor X that we are meant to mourn. Clever. Very Clever. I liked how one of the questions I had from Issue #2 was answered, only to be put to rest, very unapologetically. The “others” I referred to were merely to track the progress of Taskmaster - and to give us a glimpse at some of Deadpool’s handy-work.
At the end of Issue #3, Taskmaster discovers Deadpool’s plan - but will he be able to stop him?
Well that is a silly question now isn’t it? Yeah, it is. But the battle in Issue #4 between the two was well worth the build-up - definitely as clever as Professor X’s “final exam”.
I love that we have seen more and more of Man-Thing in recent comics - that character always adds depth to a story - even one as seemingly shallow as a murderous tale of a rampaging madman.
Not to end this on an existential note, but that is what we are left with - life imitating art, and then art ripping the beating heart out of life. No one is safe - not even Frank Castle - okay, maybe the one from Frank Tieri’s Space: Punisher - because that guy is bad-ass. Come to think of it, I would love to this Deadpool vs. that Universe… Talk about unapologetic! The four-armed Hulk could definitely give this Deadpool a run for his healing factor.
Cullen and Frank, do you think we can make that happen? ;)